Wednesday, June 9, 2010

My Water Moments

This is my official entry for the Nuffnang Blog Contest with the theme of ‘My Water Moments’...I hope to win myself a water-proof camera, Sony Cyber-shot TX5.

We are supposed to take a picture and tell the why it reflects the theme of ‘My Water Moments’, and how the photo could have been better if we had a water-proof camera like the Sony Cyber-Shot TX5. They have three cameras to be given away.

Well...I have been checking out the competitions by surfing at their blogs.

I found that photos taken at the beach, water fall or swimming pool have been done to DEATH! LOL!

I must find something unique and original to blog about. I WANT THAT CAMERA! BADLY! :)

So, I decided to drag (literally) my friend's best friend for a wet photo session. :)



Meet Fortuna...She a Dogue de Bordeaux or French Mastiff. She isn't really fond of water like my current camera...but the owner said it was time to give her a bath! :)



I was standing like 10 feet away when I took this photo. You know the reason, right? I do not own a waterproof Sony Cyber-shot TX5...yet. :)

While taking photos, I managed to take a little video too. Please click play to watch Fortuna taking her bath.



And new let me present "MY WATER MOMENTS" photo.....Ta da...



Thank you for your applause but I feel that the above photo could have been better if I had a water-proof camera like the Sony Cyber-Shot TX5.

Why?

Firstly, if I have a waterproof camera, I could get closer to Fortuna and capture better pictures of her. In photography, you must as close as possible to your subject.

I could not get close to Fortuna with my current camera without risking water from getting into its delicate parts. Even without holding a camera, you would probably run for cover when you see a huge wet dog starts shaking its body like that! LOL!

Secondly, you probably notice that the photo is slightly blurred. It was not my intention to have it blur. My current camera has some limitations and probably my hands were shaking when I took the picture.

To help combat blur from camera shake, the Sony Cyber-shot TX5's lens includes an optical stabilization mechanism which works in concert with a built-in gyro sensor to detect and correct for camera motion.

The power packed combination of Exmor R™ CMOS sensor and BIONZ processor enables full resolution continuous burst shooting at up to a blazing 10 frames per second – helping me capture even more unique moments. (I did my homework on this camera, OK?)

As for the video, I am sure the video quality will be much better with Sony Cyber-shot TX5 which captures video at high-definition HD 720p (1,280 x 720 pixel) at a frame rate of 29.97 frames per second.

In a summary, the photo and video I took of Fortuna could be better if I actually have a Sony Cyber-shot TX5! I hope the above answer the the question - how the photo could have been better if you had a water-proof camera like the Sony TX5. :)

The Sony Cyber-shot TX5 is my dream camera as it is built to be water-, shock-, dust- and temperature-proof! I am drooling (like a dog) at the features like Intelligent Sweep Panorama, Handheld Twilight and Anti-motion blur. :)

Not only Sony Cyber-shot TX5 is packed with clever and useful features, it is also a stunner in the look department. Slim and stylish....available in five elegant colours (black, silver, pink, green, red)



FYI...The Sony Cyber-shot TX5 has a nine-point autofocus system that includes face detection capability, and can recognize up to eight faces in a scene.

Not sure if it can detect dog faces, though....



OK. I shall not rant further. I know what camera is best to capture these two darlings for their bath....



The two puppies are Fortuna's babies. Aren't they adorable? Would you like to see them having their water moments?

If I win this AWESOME camera, you will...So judges, please please give me the camera. Hehehe!



Last but not least, I leave you with this TX5 advert that I found in the net. I'm sure you seen enough of wet dog, now it's time to see some wet lady having her WATER MOMENTS ;)



For more information about this slim yet rugged camera, please click the link - http://www.sony.com.my/product/dsc-tx5

No comments: